Friday, April 23, 2010
I'm finally finished and got it sent out and let me tell you...what a great feeling! And thank God UPS will do it all for me! I walked in with two huge laundry baskets and told them where it needed to be and they took care of the rest!
Here is my favorite nursing cover. They had requested black and white dots on one side and this fabulous Alexander Henry fabric called Las Senoritas! They are so awesome! I love these girls...they just look like they're having so much fun. And the best part...they all look super sassy!
This is one of the changing pads with velcro closure. I've been doing changing pads for a long time but I redesigned them to be sleeping bag rolled and have this strap go around it to keep it nice and rolled up in the diaper bag. They're really awesome because the way that they get folded, you'll never lay baby down on a surface that has touched the germ-y surface that you layed down the pad to keep the baby from in the first place. You can use it over and over but the soft minky part that you lay baby on will never touch those germs so it can be used multiple times before washing. And the best part, when you get home from the mall just pop it in with the rest of the laundry! Check out my shop to see what I have available right now.
Here is one example of the 80 drool bibs that were requested. I love this print too...these flowers are just fabulous!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
So, I just did a giveaway with Janice at Mama's Fantabulous Giveaways for one of my newly re-designed changing pads! She picked a winner today and I am proud to say that Nicole chose this one!
Oh, how I love pink and chocolate brown together! Oohhh and pink and black or pink and orange or pink and lime green...there are so many fabulous color combos when you're using pink! Are you seeing a theme? Do you think I like Pink a little? You should see my hair!
Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!!!!
Friday, April 16, 2010
Here is one pile with it's straps...isn't this fabric awesome?! Alexander Henry makes some GREAT prints...and I just love Las Senoritas...they just look like they're having so much fun!
OK...so here are all of the components of the nursing cover...the two layers, the strap (not pictured), the boning to make it stand away from your body up at the top so you can see the baby and have a little air flow and the D-ring adjustable closure to make it fit mommy just right.
I wish I had remembered to take a pic of the large pile of these D-ring attachments because a pile of 50 of them was really something to see! But here's a few and you get the idea.
This is what it looks like as I assembled it. Bottom layer down, lay down the the strap on one side, leave 15 inches of open space right down the middle (where the boning will eventually go) and place the d-ring attachment piece. Then I lay down the top layer and sew along the one seam.
I started to feel the time crunch, so I stopped taking pics and just got busy working. Once I sew the top seam, I have to open it up (right sides out) and place a length of boning into that inside space that I left between the neck strap and the d-ring attachment, pin it in place and then sew it in. Then I need to flip the cover back inside out, re-line up the two layers, pin them together and sew them up. Then they're ready to be flipped, have the hole (that was left to flip them right side out) closed up, be top-stitched and finish off the end of the neck strap. Voi-la! Finished! I had a lot of help with those final steps. My family came over for dinner the night that I had just finished sewing the two layers together and they all helped me flip them right side out...HUGE help! Then my mother-in-law even helped me close up the holes! I should have had them over for dinner long ago! :)
And that truly is the end. I completed the order and mailed it out this past Monday. What a good feeling of accomplishment! I will have one more post in this series showing a sample of all of the finished pieces. Thanks for following this process!
Friday, April 9, 2010
Now...let the sewing begin! I'm glad I loaded up two industrial spools of white thread!
And if those two mountains of bibs and burp cloths that need to be sewn don't look daunting enough...chek out this view...
That is 50 burp cloths and 70 drool bibs!!! Oh man...I've got to do this for 50 changing pads still. I better get crackin'!
Stay tuned for more pics on my progress...
Have a wonderful Friday everyone!!! Oh, and PS...I've been sick and haven't been quite as diligent with blog posts as I could have been. So, I'm actually quite a bit further than this with my order so check back often to catch the next part! ;)