Wednesday, November 25, 2009

OMG...where have I been?!?!

Oh my, I haven't posted in soooo long! Where does the time go? I feel like I have barely had time to sleep lately! I've been so busy with work and crafting and shipping and shopping and cooking and the holidays coming...yikes!

We had some family come into town last night for Thanksgiving and it got me thinking about the holiday itself and what I'm thankful for.

This year, more than anything, I am thankful for my family and the support that they give to me and that we all give to one another.

My grandmother (who is a VERY young 84 years old) was diagnosed a few weeks ago with breast cancer. She had surgery a week ago and it was more extensive that originally thought. I started to fall apart with that news. She was my absolute best friend when I was growing up and now she is my 5 year old daughter's best friend in the world. I can't imagine my life without her in it. I was nervous to see her after the surgery but she quickly made me feel better. She was not upset about the news...she was strong! So much stronger than I had been. She is fighting the good fight and is happy that everything is moving so quickly. She has such a positive outlook and her doctor said there's no reason that she shouldn't recover completely from this. She will be having a complete mastectomy the day after Thanksgiving.

I am so thankful for the wonderful family that I have!

This year, I will remember what it means to be thankful for my health and for that of my family...I will truely think about what it could mean to be without my family and I will tell each and every one of them how much they truely mean to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment